E-mail Protocol Checklist
Before you press, “Send,” review your work for the following:
- Does this e-mail message make sense? Are the actions clear and do they have “owners?”
- Does the e-mail message meet the P.A.S.S test?
- What is the Purpose of this communication?
- What Action is involved and does it have a due date?
- What Supporting information does the recipient need?
- Has the communication been effectively summarized in the Subject line?
- Is the message well written? Is it concise while providing enough data for appropriate action(s) or decision(s)?
- Do the links in the message work? Are necessary supporting attachments included?
- Is the e-mail message addressed to the most appropriate recipients (not too many and not too few) to accomplish specified or implied goals/objectives?
- Does everyone on the “To” line have an action to take?
- Has the message been reviewed for correct grammar, spelling, and use of jargon?