Microsoft Office 365
MMI provides Microsoft Office to all students and faculty free of charge. This means the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more are available for offline and online use to best prepare you for class. As long as you’re at MMI and the program continues, you’ll be able to use this software for free.
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
- Use the same programs as your professors to ensure full file fidelity
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
- For PC and Mac:
- Visit Microsoft 365
- Enter your school provided email address and click “Get started”.
- Microsoft will send an email to your MMI email address. Click the link provided in the email to begin the install process.
- On the installation page select your language and click install
- For iOS and Android:
You will need your MMI email account to sign in. If you have trouble installing Office, this guide may resolve your issue: http://aka.ms/office365help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get help installing Office 365 Education?
For installation instructions and troubleshooting information for Office 365, visit Microsoft 365’s website.
Can I use the software offline?
Yes. However, you must connect the device to the Internet at least once every 30 days to verify the license.
I’ve already purchased Microsoft Office for my personal use, can I be reimbursed? I already have an Office 365 subscription, can I be reimbursed?
No. Microsoft does not have a process by which to convert, reimburse, or migrate licensing. Office 365 Education, including Office 365 ProPlus software, is only available through the MMI’s existing agreement with Microsoft.
What happens when I graduate or leave MMI?
Once you are no longer enrolled in classes or terminate employment at MMI, your subscription to Office 365 Education will end and your account will be deactivated. You should locally save your content stored on OneDrive BEFORE you leave the MMI as you will lose access to the data once the subscription is terminated. You may enroll into other consumer or commercial offers available, but there is not currently a mechanism in place to transfer your data from an Office 365 Education OneDrive account to a consumer Office 365 OneDrive account.