MMI OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID
- Processes veteran education benefit applications, changes, and terminations.
- Verifies course enrollment.
- Coordinates course of study with Academic Advisors.
- Maintains student records.
Federal Department of Veterans Affairs
The Federal Department of Veterans Affairs determines eligibility and maintains veteran records in electronic format.
Montgomery Regional Office: 1-800-827-1000
Muskogee Regional Office: 1-888-442-4551 – VA National Phone Center
*Marion Military Institute (MMI) is in compliance with Section 702 of the Veterans Access Common Choice and Accountability Act of 2014.
US Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site
Yellow Ribbon Program
Marion Military Institute is a participating higher learning institution in the Dept. of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP), a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Visit http://www.gibill.va.gov/ for additional information on YRP or other benefits.
To apply for this program you must:
Complete the school’s admissions process and register for classes
Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
Qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill (aka Chapter 33) at the 100% rate and not currently serving Active Duty.
The YRP amount available for the 2023-2024 academic school years is $4,000 (which will be matched by VA) and it will be divided equally between fall and spring to help cover all or a portion of the outstanding amount of established charges not covered under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
Responsibilities of the MMI Student Veteran
The MMI student veteran must:
- Report any change in enrollment status to the Registrar Office.
- Coordinate their course enrollment with their respective Academic Advisors.
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits.
- Submit to MMI /FA Office any/all award letters for scholarships, waivers, and any payment of tuition and fees etc. other than Title IV, Pell grants and student loans.
The following documents are required to apply for benefits:
- DD214, member 4 copy, for prior Active Military Service
- NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility) for Reservist/National Guard (All Services) All KICKER Contract paperwork if appropriate
- Letter of Eligibility for Dependents (Chapter 35)
- Office, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment for VA form 28-1905 Authorization and Certification Form Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) Must Contact the Montgomery Regional
- Post 9/11 GI Bill, Certificate of Eligibility (COE)… Chapter 33
- Certification will be implemented after drop and add is completed