SAP Appointment History
West Point (USMA) Candidates
|Air Force Academy (USAFA) Candidates||
Naval Academy (USNA) Candidates
Coast Guard Academy (USCGA)
Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA)
|Total Appointments for Year|
- Complete data unavailable.
- MMI’s successful SAP Program drew increased self-prep participation; tracking of the population began in 2004-05.
- There were three additional appointments from the MMI Corps of Cadets in 2006-2007:
- One sponsored (AOG) West Point SAP participant who withdrew at mid-semester, enlisted, completed basic and received his appointment.
- One sponsored (AOG) West Point SAP participant from 2005-2006 was forced to withdraw at mid-semester for medical reasons after a car accident. He received his appointment in 2006-2007.
- A MMI high school senior received an appointment to the Coast Guard Academy upon graduation.
- There was an additional appointment from the MMI Corps of Cadets in 2009-2010. A self-prep SAP participant from 2008-2009 returned to MMI and completed another year. He reapplied to the Air Force Academy and received his appointment in spring 2009-2010.
- Two additional CGA appointments were made involving MMI cadets in Spring 2011: A 2010 MMI alumnus and a cadet enrolled in the 2010-11 Leadership Education Program as a wrestler. Both applied to the Coast Guard Academy and received their appointments.
- An additional appointment was received to West Point by a cadet enrolled in the Early Commissioning Program. He had been dual-enrolled in the SAP and ECP program in 2010-11, but did not receive an appointment that year. He came back for a second year in the ECP program and re-submitted his application, this time successfully, to West Point.
- One self-prep Naval Academy candidate received his appointment offer not from the Naval Academy, but from West Point and the Merchant Marine Academy. He accepted the appointment to West Point.
- One self-prep Naval Academy candidate did not receive his appointment from the Naval Academy, but was offered appointments to the Coast Guard Academy and the Merchant Marine Academy. He accepted the appointment to the Coast Guard Academy.
- One self-prep Coast Guard Academy candidate was offered appointments by three Academies, the Coast Guard Academy, the Air Force Academy and West Point. He accepted West Point’s offer.
- 2014-15 appointments include three (3) MMI non-SAP students who applied for and received appointments to one or more US Service Academies. The West Point self-prep appointment number includes one of these students; it also includes a Naval Academy self-prep student who received an appointment to West Point rather than the Naval Academy. The remaining two non-SAP students included in the total number of appointments are listed in the Coast Guard Academy self-prep totals. For more clarification please contact the Director of the Service Academy Program.